If you want the full background on the case study you should read the introduction post to get all of the details.
Everybody’s starting point will be different, so it’s important that we look at the whole picture of the person, me in this case!
On the 4th of October 2016:
My general information:
- Age: 24
- Length: 180 cm or 5′11″
- Weight : 82 kg or 180,8lbs
- Competes at Middleweight (-82,3 kg)
- Started Brazilian Jiu Jitsu in April-May of 2013
- Trains an average of 3-4 times a week
- Is a blue belt with 4 stripes
My competition experience:Watch Full Movie Online Streaming Online and Download
- At White belt I did 4 local competitions where I managed to get double bronze on my last competition (Middleweight and Open).
- At blue belt I did 3 local competitions where I managed to get Bronze, Silver and Bronze.
As you see I have some experience doing competitions and had moderate success with it. Mind you, these are small, local competitions and aren’t that big + filled with average joe’s like me.
My fitness level today:
- Strength numbers (calculated 1 RM)
- Back squat: 100kg
- Bench press: 90kg
- Deadlift: 150kg
- Military press: 65kg
- Cardio: bad to medium*
*I think a big component of my loses in my competitions was due to gassing out after a # of matches.
- Left knee
- Knee cap dislocation operation = not a problem
- 2 times meniscus tear + repair = when work load gets higher, inflammations flare-up
- Right knee
- Meniscus tear + repair = not a problem
- Lumbago = flares-up sometimes but gets fixed by my physiotherapist
Weekly training schedule >October:
- 2x training (2 hours)
- 2x teaching ( 1,5 hours)
- Strength training
- following <a href="https://www sertraline hcl 50 mg tablet.t-nation.com/training/531-and-athletes”>5/3/1 from Wendler 2 day athelete version
Weekly training schedule for the next 2 months:
- 1x training (2 hours)
- 1x competiton style training (2,5 hours)
- 2x teaching
- Strength training
- following a modified version of 5/3/1 from Wendler 2 day athelete version
- Assistance work of the strenght training will become a AMRAP of 6 minutes x3
More info about the training schedules will be given in the next blog posts!
Suggestions for the blog and my training schedule are always welcome.
Wish me luck 🙂